How can I find a good tree care professional?

Trees for Energy Conservation April 27, 2016 Print Friendly and PDF

Look for an arborist with professional credentials, such as certification from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or a registered consulting arborist from the American Society of Consulting Arborist. Request references for work that the professional has done that is similar to the work you need completed. Ask for proof of insurance (personal, property, and workers compensation). 


Find a Certified Arborist at:

Find a registered consulting arborist at:

(See article on Selecting an Arborist)

Connect with us

  • Facebook
  • YouTube


This is where you can find research-based information from America's land-grant universities enabled by



This work is supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, New Technologies for Ag Extension project.