Borage Family (Boraginaceae)
Borage, Burrage, Common bugloss
- Annual herb native to the Middle East
- Fast growing
- Prolific re-seeder but can be easily hand weeded
- Grows to 2 to 3 feet tall and 18 inches wide
- Hollow stems tend to break if plants don't have support. For best results, plant borage in groups among other plants in the garden.
- Five pointed blue or white flowers in clusters at the end of the main stem bloom from summer through fall
- Plants do well in full sun to part shade in well drained soils
- All parts are edible
Beneficial Insects - Green lacewing
California - Borage! Borage! Borage!
Pennsylvania - Borage