What are some quick, "run-out-the-door" breakfast ideas I can fix for my family?
Breakfast is an important start to the day for the entire family. Here are some quick and easy suggestions:
- whole-grain raisin toast with peanut butter
- whole-grain bagel or English muffin with fruit spread
- whole-grain ready-to-eat cereals
- low-fat yogurt
- low-fat granola or granola bars
- whole-grain toast with peanut butter or low-fat cheese
- whole-grain pancakes or waffles with fruit spread (instead of syrup)
- breakfast burrito (tortilla with scrambled egg and low-fat cheese)
- whole-grain tortilla with peanut butter wrapped around a banana
- whole-grain pitas with scrambled egg and low-fat cheese
- fresh fruit
- smoothies made with fresh fruit
- low-fat milk and a piece of fruit.