I care for someone who is bedridden. Whom should I call for help with evacuation during a disaster.

Agricultural Disaster Preparedness and Recovery, Family Caregiving December 09, 2013 Print Friendly and PDF

It is a good idea to plan ahead for resources and services you and your loved one might need. Contact your city or county government's emergency preparedness office. Let them know of your situation, and ask to be included on a registry of people with disabilities so they can reach you quickly in case of an emergency. For more information, visit: Plan for Evacuating.

Connect with us

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Google+


This is where you can find research-based information from America's land-grant universities enabled by eXtension.org



This work is supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, New Technologies for Ag Extension project.