Parenting Tips for Your 39-40 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I can carry drinks without spilling.
- I alternate feet when climbing stairs.
- I put on and take off jackets with some help.
- I am starting to get better at handling small objects.
How I Think:
- I operate in the here and now.
- I know number concepts of one and two.
- I understand, “It’s time to...”
- My attention span is four to eight minutes.
- I can name and match simple colors.
- I often substitute letters such as “w” for “r”, like wabbit for rabbit.
- I understand two directions given one after the other.
How I Get Along:
- I am interested in playmates.
- I pretend to be an animal when I play.
- I play alongside other children.
- I am beginning to take turns.
- I want to please adults, but am often independent.