Parenting Tips for Your 41-42 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I use my body all the time.
- I enjoy tumbling, jumping from heights and twirling in circles until I get dizzy.
- I can stack blocks or objects in order, by size or by color.
- I can follow a two-step direction.
How I Think:
- I know my age, and will show you the number of fingers for my age.
- I can repeat three numbers in order.
- I can identify a circle, square and triangle.
- I understand, “let’s pretend.”
- I make long speeches to myself.
How I Get Along:
- I am becoming more independent.
- I can play by myself for about 20 minutes,
- I still need lots of attention, hugging and comfort.
- I can understand other people’s feelings. When someone gets hurt, I will give the person a kiss and I might say, “It will be all right.”
- I may be rebellious and become very strong-willed.
- I ask “how” and “why” questions.