Parenting Tips for Your 43-44 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I use my body all the time.
- I enjoy tumbling, jumping from heights and twirling in circles until I get dizzy.
- I can stack blocks or objects in order, by size or by color.
- I can follow a two-step direction.
- I can hop and stand on one foot up to five seconds.
- I can go upstairs and downstairs without support.
- I catch a big bounced ball most of the time.
How I Think:
- I cannot separate fantasy from reality.
- I believe everything in the world is alive.
- I know my age, and will show you the number of fingers for my age.
- I can repeat three numbers in order.
- I can identify a circle, square and triangle.
- I understand, “let’s pretend.”
- I make long speeches to myself.
How I Get Along:
- I am becoming more independent.
- I can play alone for about 20 minutes,
- I still need lots of attention, hugging and comfort.
- I can understand other people’s feelings.
- I may be rebellious and very strong-willed.
- I ask “how” or “why” questions.