Parenting Tips for Your 47-48 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I have a longer, leaner body.
- I am a “worker.” I have drive.
- I can jump my own height, land on my feet and am acrobatic.
- I throw a large ball and kick with some accuracy.
- I have control in finger-hand activities.
How I Think:
- I like a variety of materials; I really want to learn.
- I accept changes as long as you prepare me for them.
- I confuse facts and fantasy.
- I understand simple reasons for things.
- I recognize today and tomorrow.
- I can do two things at once.
- I understand the concept of “three” and can name more objects.
- I am dramatic in play and like to use simple props.
- My attention span is eight to 12 minutes long.
- I call people names and might swear.
- I enjoy silly words and rhyming without meaning.
- My vocabulary is 1,500 words.
- I like to tell tall tales.
- • I can solve some problems.
How I Get Along:
- I might grab for what I want.
- I play cooperatively with two or three children, but may be impatient in larger groups.
- I love to tease and outwit you.
- I have a terrific sense of humor. I love nonsense and being silly.
- I question your rules and test the limits.
- I am easily over-stimulated and may go “out-of-bounds.”