Parenting Tips for Your 6 Month Old Baby
How I Grow
- I turn and twist in all directions.
- I roll from my back to my stomach.
- I sometimes can sit up without the support of my arms.
- I creep backward and forward with my stomach on the floor.
- I hold onto an object with one hand and then put it in the other hand.
- I hold one building block, reach for a second one, and look for a third one right away.
- I grab for an object when it drops.
How I Understand
- I know that I have to use my hands to pick up something.
- I look at and study things for a long time.
- I turn objects upside down just to get another view of them.
- I turn when I hear my name.
How I Talk
- I still babble a lot, but I have more control of sounds.
- I’m beginning to understand some words by the tone of voice you use.
How I Feel
- I haven’t learned how to control my feelings yet.
- I complain and howl when I don’t get my way.
- I giggle, coo, and squeal with joy when I’m happy.
- I have very strong likes and dislikes about food.
How I Respond
- I pick up things, shake them, and then listen to the sound they make when I drop them.
- I play games with people I know.
- I get upset when I’m around grown-up strangers, but I’m friendly to children I don’t know.
- I coo, hum, or stop crying sometimes when I hear music.
- I keep very busy doing something all the time.