Outbreeding- The process of continuously mating females of the herd to unrelated males of the same breed.
Forms of Outbreeding:
- Outcrossing- the mating of unrelated animals
- Grading up- the mating of purebred sires to nondescript or grade females and their female offspring generation after generation
- Linecrossing- the crossing of rather distinct lines (that may or may not be inbred) of the same breed
- Crossbreeding- the mating of animals of different established breeds
- Species cross- the crossing of animals of different species