Federal income tax return

Personal Finance October 28, 2012 Print Friendly and PDF

For copies of federal income tax returns, call the nearest office of the Department of the Treasury or Internal Revenue Service and ask for Form 4506 (Request for Copy or Transcript of Tax Form). To speak with an IRS representative, call 800-829-1040.

You can reach the Taxpayer Advocate Service by calling 877-777-4778. See Publication 1546 (“The Taxpayer Advocate Service of the IRS”).

Return to List





Connect with us

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest


This is where you can find research-based information from America's land-grant universities enabled by eXtension.org



This work is supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, New Technologies for Ag Extension project.