Adam Brumberg (Deputy director, Cornell Food and Brand Lab) and Erin Sharp (Curriculum designer, Smarter Lunchrooms Movement National Office) present key discoveries, innovative resources, and engaging anecdotes from the 2018 Smarter Lunchrooms Symposium at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. Images, videos, and links to resources and other content will be shared. Topics include the research spotlight on Smarter Lunchrooms research (completed, current, and forthcoming), the free resources fair, Technical Assistant Provider (TAP) training, presentations from Smarter Lunchrooms state collaborative groups, Smarter Mealtimes for early childhood educations settings, professional development opportunities, news from the Smarter Lunchrooms Movement National Office, and testimonials from attendees.
After this webinar participants will be able to:
- Summarize key research discoveries related to Smarter Lunchrooms
- Locate helpful resources from the SLM National Office and partners (tools, signage, social media examples, nutrition education, and others)
- Apply information on key topics shared by guests presenters, such as incorporating social media and operational technology, using Smarter Mealtimes strategies in early childhood educations settings, and boosting breakfast in schools
- Apply important news, updates, and resources related to TAP training, Smarter Mealtimes, and professional development opportunities to their own work
- Reflect upon testimonials from attendees