Those eligible for a Quick Assist Loan (QAL) from the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) are active duty Navy and Marine Corps personnel who:
- Have no outstanding loans with the society.
- Have actual and projected budgets done within the last 12 months that indicate a surplus.
- Are not under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection.
- Have no disciplinary action pending or within the last six months.
- Have not received a grant or had a loan converted to a grant in the last 12 months.
- Exception: $200 grant provided for those returning due to injury suffered in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Have had no more than two QALs within the last 12 months.
- Will be able to repay the loan prior to the ETS (end of term of service) date of departure.
The application form for a QAL can be found at nmcrs.org/qal_application.pdf.