What is a toxic reaction to bee stings?

Bee Health November 10, 2009 Print Friendly and PDF
A toxic reaction can occur after numerous stings. The venom acts as a poison. The lethal limit for the number of stings a person can sustain varies with weight and health. An adult person of average weight and “good health” may be able to sustain 1,000 stings, while a child, weighing much less or an individual in “poor health” may only be able to sustain 200 to 300 stings. - John Skinner, University of Tennessee

Connect with us

  • Facebook
  • YouTube

Welcome

This is where you can find research-based information from America's land-grant universities enabled by eXtension.org

LOCATE

USDA / NIFA

This work is supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, New Technologies for Ag Extension project.