Parenting Tips for Your 21-22 Month Old Toddler
Playing games with your toddler is a good way to teach her so many things. Grouping lots of different objects together and asking her to put things that are alike in the same pile teaches her how to organize things.
How to Play:
- Sit on the floor or at a table by your child.
- Place hard and soft things together in a pile. For example, you may use blocks, bottles and rocks as hard objects and soft toys, cotton balls, pieces of cloth as soft objects.
- Show her how to tell which things are soft and which are hard.
- Ask your child to place the hard things in one pile and the soft things in another.
- If your child cannot do this, take the hard things and say, “These are hard. Put them in one pile.”
- Put the objects together in one pile and repeat the game.
- Change the game to keep it fun for your child and you. You can ask your child to group fuzzy and smooth objects separately, or sticky and clean objects, or wet and dry, or green and yellow, or heavy and light things.