Parenting Tips for Your 27-28 Month Old Toddler
How I Feel
- I really like it when you talk to me in a kind way.
- I like to do things that please adults who care about me.
- I may resist your hugs and kisses, but I still like it when you show me you love me.
- I want to do more than I actually can. This can make me frustrated.
- I need you to have the same rules for me to follow all the time.
How I Talk
- I am starting to use plural words, like cats and dogs, instead of cat or dog.
- I am still saying “no” to show you how independent I am.
How I Grow
- I am starting to be able to do more complicated things with my hands, like turn door knobs.
- I am able to walk up and down stairs with some support.
- I am starting to jump up and down, maybe with one foot.
How I Understand
- I can match things together that look alike.
- I understand that some things are “mine”.
- I can identify pictures by pointing at them.
- I am starting to name pictures of things I know.
- I need to be reminded of the rules.