Parenting Tips for Your 29-30 Month Old Toddler
How I Feel
- I like to show my friends how much I like them.
- I don’t get scared when you leave me somewhere familiar.
- Keeping my routine is important to me.
- I am starting to try being “sneaky”.
How I Talk
- I am getting better at expressing my thoughts.
- I am starting to tell you how I feel.
- I can say a lot of words - as many as 1,000!
- I understand most of what you say to me.
- I am starting to say my name and maybe my age.
How I Grow
- I am getting better at using my hands to open things.
- I can hold things steady in my hands, like cups.
- I am starting to turn pages of books by myself.
- I can bend over while standing to pick things up.
- I am able to start peddling. It may take me some time to learn.
How I Understand
- I am starting to understand “cause and effect”.
- I am interested in learning how things work.
- I am better at doing puzzles with 3 to 5 pieces.
- I try to figure out how things work in my mind instead of by handling them.
- I can tell that I am different than kids of the other gender.
- I am getting better at taking turns