Parenting Tips for Your 37-38 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I am well balanced.
- I move well and quickly.
- I can carry drinks without spilling.
- I can gallop in high, wide steps.
- I can ride a tricycle.
- I alternate feet when climbing stairs.
- I put on and take off jackets with some help.
- I have some finger control in handling small objects.
How I Think:
- I operate in the here and now.
- I am excited, curious, and imaginative.
- I know number concepts of one and two.
- I understand, “It’s time to...”
- My attention span is four to eight minutes.
- I can name and match simple colors.
- I have difficulty combining two activities such as eating and talking.
- I use letter substitutions such as “w” for “r”, as in wabbit for rabbit.
- I use pronouns like he and she and prepositions like on, over, in.
- My vocabulary is 800 to 900 words.
- I understand two directions given one after the other.
How I Get Along:
- I like to copy adults.
- I am interested in playmates.
- I pretend to be an animal.
- I play alongside other children.
- I am beginning to take turns.
- I want to please adults, but am often independent.
- I am spontaneous, lively, and talkative.
- I go after what I want and fight for it.
- I may be jealous.
- I often get frustrated.