Parenting Tips for Your 49-50 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I can dress myself, except for tying my shoes.
- I can balance and hop on one foot.
- I can skip, gallop, and leap.
- I can draw shapes that stand for people and buildings and flowers and other things.
- I can cut on a line, but I’m not perfect at it.
- I can bounce and catch a ball.
- I have a longer attention span for things that interest me.
How I Think and Learn:
- I am curious and ask many questions.
- I imitate others.
- I can name simple shapes.
- I am beginning to recognize letters and numbers.
- I think that nonliving things, like trees and the sun think and feel like people do.
- I can repeat songs, finger plays, and stories.
How I Get Along with Others:
- I can share toys and play with others.
- I have a rigid understanding of what is right and wrong.
- I want to please and be helpful.
- I care about the feelings of others.
- I like to imagine myself doing things adults do.
- I have an active imagination and sometimes am afraid of ordinary things.