Parenting Tips for Your 51-52 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I have a longer, leaner body.
- I am lively and active until I get tired.
- I like to act like an acrobat.
- I can jump my own height and land on my feet.
- I throw a large ball and kick with some accuracy.
- I dress myself.
- I have control in finger-hand activities.
How I Think and Learn:
- I like a variety of things to play with. I like to learn.
- I accept changes as long as you prepare me for them.
- I confuse facts and fantasy.
- I understand simple reasons for things.
- I recognize today and tomorrow.
- I can do two things at once.
- I understand the concept of three and can name more objects.
- I like dramatic play and like to use simple props.
- My attention span is 8 to 12 minutes long.
- I call people names and might swear.
- I enjoy silly words and rhymes without meaning.
- I may criticize and compare.
- My vocabulary is 1,500 words.
- I tell tall tales.
- I am able to talk through some problems and conflicts.
How I Get Along with Others:
- I might dominate, be bossy and boastful.
- I might hit and grab for what I want.
- I play cooperatively with two or three children, but am impatient in larger groups.
- I might be assertive or show-off.
- I love to tease you.
- I have a terrific sense of humor. I love nonsense and silliness.
- I might resist your rules, argue and test limits.
- I am easily over-stimulated and might go out-of-bounds.