Parenting Tips for Your 59-60 Month Old Child
How I Move:
- I enjoy activities requiring hand skills.
- I draw a recognizable person.
- I am skilled and accurate with simple tools, like safety scissors.
- I can sit still for brief periods.
- I enjoy jumping, running and skipping.
- I have adult-like posture in throwing and catching.
- I like dancing, am rhythmic and graceful.
- I sometimes roughhouse and fight.
- I am well coordinated.
How I Think:
- I am curious about everything.
- I am ready for short trips into the community.
- I know my family name and address.
- I talk clearly about my ideas.
- I am self-centered about my ideas.
- I like to be busy making something.
- I make a plan before starting a project.
- My attention span is 12 to 28 minutes long.
- I like to play the same thing for more than one day.
- My pretend play is more realistic.
- I easily use complete sentences.
- I can count 10 objects.
How I Get Along:
- I am becoming poised and self-confident.
- I copy adult behavior and act grown-up.
- I am aware of rules and explain them to others.
- I play in groups of two to five children.
- I am less competitive than at age 4.
- I am sensitive to teasing and get hurt feelings easily.
- I like the companionship of adults.
- I have to be right.
- I am sociable and like to visit.
- I may get wild, silly and giggly.