School IPM Pesticide Storage Tips
- All local laws and ordinances will be followed.
- Insecticides and herbicides will be stored off site or in buildings that are locked and inaccessible to all undesignated personnel.
- Insecticides, herbicides and fertilizers will be stored in separate locations.
- The storage area will have adequate ventilation.
- Storage facilities will be such that the risk of contaminating the environment will be minimal.
- The storage area will be free of ignition sources.
- All insecticides and herbicides will be stored in their original containers with original labels and secure lids.
- If insecticides and herbicides are stored in occupied buildings, precautions will be taken to ensure that the air in the storage space has no chance of mixing with the air in the central ventilation system.
- Containers will be inspected routinely for leaks.
Other School IPM Information