Eating more meals at home is one of the best ways to eat healthier. When we eat at home, we usually eat less, eat more fruits and vegetables, and can better control portion sizes. It is especially hard to eat healthy when we eat at a fast food restaurant. Try eating fast food less often. However, when we do eat fast food, we can try some of the following strategies to eat healthy.
- Order a kid's meal. You will get the right amount of food for less money.
- Share your meal with a family member or friend.
- If you order fries, order a small size.
- Don’t order the large hamburger.
- Think twice before ordering the combo meal. Order the items you want in the size that is appropriate.
- If you order a soft drink, order a small size, or choose a diet soft drink. Better yet, order water instead of a soft drink.
- Choose fast food only occasionally. Eat and prepare more meals at home.