Drinking water is the No. 1 strategy to rethink your drink. It is the perfect beverage – it is calorie-free, sugar-free, fat-free, and almost free (if you drink tap water).
Try these strategies to make water Number One:
- Keep water and other calorie-free beverages on hand at work, at home, and in the car. Make it easy for everyone to choose water.
- Don’t keep sugar-sweetened beverages at home or work. We tend to drink what is available, so make your home and office sugar-free.
- Carry a water bottle with you and refill it throughout the day.
- Add a slice of lemon, lime, or orange to jazz up your water. Make a pitcher of water with fruit slices and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Add a splash of fruit juice to still or sparkling water.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Smart Vending Machine Choices Video
Beverage Guide to Sugars Interactive