Parenting Tips for Your 10 Month Old Baby
How I Grow
- I crawl up steps, but I haven't learned how to get back down yet.
- I walk if you hold my hands, or I can hold on to furniture.
- I sit down from a standing position.
- I climb up on to chairs and then climb down again.
- I feed myself with my fingers, and I help hold my cup.
- I carry things in one hand without dropping them.
- I may have trouble sleeping at night because I'm restless.
How I Talk
- I may understand simple sentences.
- I can say no and shake my head from side to side.
- I am interested in conversations when I hear familiar words.
- I know a few words besides ma-ma and da-da.
- I may really test your patience when I repeat the same words all day long. Or, I may say no words at all.
How I Respond
- I know when you approve or disapprove of what I do.
- I cry if another child gets more attention than I do.
- I still don't like being away from you.
- I like to imitate people, gestures, and sounds.
How I Feel
- I have many different feelings now - sad, happy, mad, scared.
- I can be very moody, and I get upset easily.
- I may still feel shy around people.
- I am sensitive to other children's moods.
How I Understand
- I know which toys belong to me, and I have some favorites.
- I will look for something - if I see you hide it.
- I know that if I don't see a toy, that doesn't mean it's gone forever.
- If my toys are out of reach, I get them myself and play with them.
- I am beginning to know that I am a boy or a girl.